Sunday, July 14, 2013

No Expectations, No Disappointments
I have been let down by my own family. I honestly expected sympathy and empathy..it did not come. Have I experienced it with them before, most of my life. Only my wife knows how close I felt with my cousin..We were like sisters since I remember being a kid. We did everything together and I could tell her anything and of course she knew our situation--the whole story. When my mom passed away in May 2007, my cousin had a falling out because after all that she knew and even after we had to come to Canada the words came out of her lips, "well you are the one that chose to move all the way up to Canada." I was totally shocked and I was so hurt. Hurt that even my own family did not get it. I always expected that strangers would not always understand or care. But somehow I truly believed they would. So after my counselor on Saturday she asked me a question. "What do you think you will get if you call them?"...I said disappointment. Therefore this entry is about a new pattern of thinking. No expectations, no disappointments. 

No comments: