Monday, June 04, 2007

CLINTON AND OBAMA SUPPORT FOR UAFA LUKEWARM
Clinton and Obama both say they support the UAFA in "principal" but have issues regarding potential fraud. So they are worried about fraud but are not too worried about American citizens living in exile. Well as far as I am concerned, the US immigration system is perpetrating a fraud on LGBT American citizens but it seems Clinton and Obama are ok with this.
I think they are more concerned about their potential of electability than LGBT Americans.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This may seem like an odd twist, but my investigations of the presidential candidates' views on UAFA (and gay rights in general) is what led me to decide we needed to emigrate to Canada. I am half of a binational couple. We have lived in three different countries together (one in the Caribbean, where I had diplomatic status; hers in Central America; and now mine, the not-so-good old U.S.A.), and none has been a good long-term solution. Browsing through a bunch of blogs, including this one, has confirmed our intention. Thank you for your words and your conviction. I know we will need support as we go through this process (though at least I have a deep familiarity w/ U.S. immigration law, policy, and practice--not synonymous!--from my previous job, so I don't think anything could be as onerous and arbitrary and dehumanizing). So thanks, Hill and Barack, for being so lukewarm as to lead me to an epiphany!