Thursday, March 29, 2007

HOW LOW CAN SOME PEOPLE GO-PART 2

This should actually be a rhetorical question since we know how the U.S. gov't is. I once had an immigration attorney tell me and I quote,"The INS is not your friend. They will lie, cheat, or steal to get you out because that is their job."
When I put up this post there were a few negative responses. The questions they should be asking is how much power this agency should have over people but better yet they should be asking why GLBT Americans are being denied their rights to "stand in line and fill out the paperwork".
But these bigots won't even ask that question because they probably feel we have none anyway. Have these so called "do it by the book" advocates even researched how long it takes to do it right? Perfect example: A U.S. citizen following everything legally by law sponsors a brother or sister to live in the USA. How long do you think it takes? Answer: It can take over 15 years.
Is this fair or just? So why does it take so long? And how about the famous "name search". How can a name search possibly take over 3 years unless they are being searched on another planet. This is just a way to hold up people's lives and dreams and the INS loves to do that.
The bigots who support these deplorable tactics apparently have not had a relative waiting patiently and trying to do everything right and still getting (excuse the language) fucked around by the INS.
They mention their grandparents. Sorry to inform you INS has come a long way since then. Back then the Statue of Liberty meant something. I think now France should take it back!

7 comments:

Tom said...

You make excellent points and I loved the last line.

Where did you settle in Canada?

CAY said...

Hi Tom,
Thanks! I thought I should respond to the bigots that feel the need to leave their worthless comments.
We went first to Toronto and now live in Mississauga about 25 minutes from there.

Tom said...

That's where L-Girl of "We Move To Canada" lives.

I am heading up to scope out Toronto next month, It would be great to meet you and the others who have already moved up there.

Unknown said...

I totally agree... But I'm frustrated waiting here in Canada for my PR. It's taking way too long for me... I guess it's frustrating since I've been here since 2004!

Anonymous said...

hey connie,
hope you and ayla are doing well. mindy and i have been very busy. i have a concert tomorrow evening and there has been lots of rehearsing. we have also been having fun (in part) with demolishing the 3rd floor of mindy's brother's house. it's fun to tear down, but so much fun to haul all the crap away. i am so sore. hope all is well,
ligeia :)

Юля said...

Bravo!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.