Saturday, August 29, 2009

On August 25, 2009, the LGBT community lost one of its greatest champions, Senator Edward Kennedy. During his Senate career, he offered steadfast support for a host of LGBT legislation. He always believed that even gay and lesbian Americans deserved equal rights and equal treatment under the law. Our community has definitely suffered a loss. For me, his support of the Uniting American Familes Act would help me and my partner return to America and for his support for this important legislation, I am grateful.

The UAFA still awaits being brought up for a vote in Congress!! Why is our government dragging its feet on something so important to bi-national couples? What is meant by "liberty and justice for all"? Thank you Mr. Kennedy for always believing our community should be treated equal under the law as all other Americans. Shame on all of the other politicians who continue to believe as though we are second class citizens. And shame on all those politicians who continue to not show their support for the UAFA. They must believe it is ok for an American citizen to have to live in exile.

4 comments:

Beau said...

Would you be willing to do a link exchange with us?

LGBT Immigration Stories
http://lgbtculture.wordpress.com/


Also, we are always looking for immigration stories of all sorts from the LGBT community. If you could pass this information on that would be great.


Thank You


Beau Williams

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

CAY said...

For any writing projects, I can be contacted at nwturks6770@yahoo.com
Connie