Tuesday, April 24, 2007

FRIENDSHIPS
I have often wondered why people would feel the need to establish a friendship only to let it falter. I have to admit I have not always been the best friend however for a good friend I will go the distance. People have to understand that sometimes there are things going on that limit you doing everything you would like to do. It seems these days it is getting harder and harder to not only meet but keep good friends. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe it is because I seem to be so negative at times however I can only call them like I see them.
It is a very big letdown to meet interesting people who you really like talking to or visiting only to have them ignore you. When someone calls you and leaves you several messages and you don't even make the effort to return the call how is one supposed to feel? I don't understand why people can't just say I don't want anything to do with you for whatever reason. This is called being honest. Sometimes honesty can hurt but I would rather just know how people are thinking rather than just waste my time thinking they want to be my friend. I am getting close to 40 now and I don't have time for that stuff anymore. Nobody can be busy 24 hours a day. Even just a quick email to say Hi and to say you have been really busy is enough.
Sorry such a negative post. I just had to get this off my chest today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm 56, and it doesn't get any better. I lost my job two years ago, and the "friends" that I went out to dinner with, movies and spent holidays with, now no longer know who I am. No E-Mails, phone calls. I guess my job was their friend, not me. Not trying to be negative, just relate to todays blog 100%.